buzzy

Wooboi Hot Chicken - Nashville Hot, Free-Range Chicken Fried in Peanut Oil - Herndon

Went back for round 2 and they told us that the spice levels had been jacked up. Level 3 which I had before was roughly double what it was previously. 

It was still edible but not tasty as before. Definitely drank milk afterwards and could feel it it the digestion system. 

Heads up people if you are trying it! 

• Thanks 1

Went yesterday for early lunch, second visit. first was back in February. Ate in and line was mostly to the door for most of the time, however staffing was better and service was fast. prob waited only 5 minutes for our order. first visit i had a level 3 sando, this time i tried the code red. flavor still great despite the burn being beyond my comfort level. got classic-level tenders for my 2yr old, which were crunchy tasty.

i'm pretty sure for my first visit in february everything was made to order. this time noticed they were using the warming oven, however didn't notice any drop in quality. 

sign on menu says chicken & waffles are monday and tuesday only now

On 4/20/2019 at 12:16 AM, funkyfood said:

Why is this place not open on weekends? 

I believe a lot of their business is from the lunchtime work crowd, which is typical for that area.  It may not make sense for them to be open on weekends, though feedback from people who'd visit could change their minds.

OK so I finally did try Wooboi in late June but never reported back. Not one to shirk from a challenge, I ordered a Code Blue sandwich. (The waiver wall was completely filled up so I didn't sign).

OMFG this was an experience. The heat level was as advertised. As I posted on instagram, I think my eyes were bleeding. Thank god for the delicious potatoes I had to eat between bites. Independent of the heat, the chicken was excellent -- a big fat juicy breast.

Will go back for sure, when my schedule allows, but will be dropping the heat several levels. That was a one-and-done for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Wells said:

BTW, for another interesting Herndon eating experience, check out Egg Karne at the Herndon Muni golf course. http://www.eggkarne.com/

I can't believe I've lived my entire life without trying "Spam Fries"....

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I can't believe I've lived my entire life without trying "Spam Fries"....

The first time in my many years that I ever tried Spam anything was Spam Musubi at a now-closed but very good Hawaiian place in Arbutus, Maryland, called Taste of Aloha.

Last time I visited Wooboi, about 2 months ago the sandwich was good. I went yesterday at 3pm and it was otherworldly. I've never had a chicken breast as crispy & spicy on the outside and moist on the inside (sorry for those of you who hate the word "moist"). The pickles were sweet, the slaw acidic, the sauce creamy. The fried okra was amazing, as was the portion...seemed more like Five Guys Fries, overflowing onto the aluminum tray.  On social media they were teasing a 2nd location, but haven't heard anything else about that. Anyone?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buzzy said:

Last time I visited Wooboi, about 2 months ago the sandwich was good. I went yesterday at 3pm and it was otherworldly. I've never had a chicken breast as crispy & spicy on the outside and moist on the inside (sorry for those of you who hate the word "moist"). The pickles were sweet, the slaw acidic, the sauce creamy. The fried okra was amazing, as was the portion...seemed more like Five Guys Fries, overflowing onto the aluminum tray.  On social media they were teasing a 2nd location, but haven't heard anything else about that. Anyone?

Right now I would settle for weekend hours!

Think I will check out that fried okra on my next visit.