CB Chinese Grill - Fast-Casual Chinese "Burritos" and Rice Bowls in the Former China Cafe Space

From the owners of Northwest in College Park, this place is essentially Cava or Chipotle with awesome tasting Chinese ingredients, made into a "burrito" in a pancake or as a rice bowl.  I can't find a website but this Diamondback article describes it pretty well.

"College Park's Latest Chinese Restaurant Has Build-Your-Own Meals" by Julia Lerner on dbknews.com

My lunchmates and I covered 3 proteins and 6 "side" ingredients, and other than general agreement we would skip the raw garlic next time, all were tasty.  I had lamb, spicy sauce, eggplant, and bean sprouts.  The lamb here is "lamby" (don't say gamy) much like it is at Northwest; I don't know what cut but it's awesome.

They also have a Jones Soda fountain, which I haven't seen before.  I don't drink much soda but Green Apple Jones from the tap?  Sure.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toogs said:

Wapo found it.  It's such a terrible location for most people but hopefully the students are supporting it.

"This New, Fast-Casual Shop Serves the Gratifying Chinese Wrap that Beats Anything from Chipotle" by Tim Carman on washingtonpost.com

My son is a senior at UMCP, and as soon as Tim's article posted he went there with some friends. Loved it, and said there were a lot of students there.

(FYI - that's how old my profile avatar is - my son is the kid on the left with Flay and my daughter)

• Like 1