9 Pad Thai - in the Former Bangkok Noodle Space, Commerce St, Springfield

I’m surprised that I’m the first to talk about 9 Pad Thai.  I first visited last year, on Mother’s Day, shortly after they took over the space last occupied by Bangkok Noodle. I went again this last weekend, & it was very good. I went with the kids & unfortunately, none of them were adventurous-3 Pad See Ews w/ Beef! We shared an order of larb gai (delicious & perfect level of spice) & I got gai pad kaprow (nice & spicy). I don’t go out that much anymore, so I’m happy when I get a great lunch.

• Like 1

Lady KN and I were puttering about the house and watching college football on and off, so we decided to Door Dash 9 Pad Thai. We hadn't tried it before, so we wanted to give it a try.

It took 50 minutes to get our meal. We ordered the chicken wings and the spring rolls, not for authenticity but for general comparison to other similar items in the area. From the seafood menu we ordered the Pad Chad Talay 3-star spicy seafood combination, the Duck Stir-fry with Basil from the original Thai menu, and the Chicken with Cashews from the specialty menu. All three were disappointments. Spice was muted to well below American-spicy, and the Duck was fried to the point where all we could taste was the fry, not the duck. The gloopy sauce on the dishes reminded me of bad Americanized Chinese food.

I realize we ordered delivery, so that must be taken into account. Dishes should be enjoyed as soon as they pop out of the kitchen. We also need to sample more dishes on the menu. But if I have a hankering for Thai in Springfield, nothing that we tasted today would divert me from a visit to Thai Ghang Waan.

• Like 1