curiouskitkatt

Sfoglina (Van Ness Location) - Private Pasta-Making Class for 15 People: Sat, Mar 30, 2019, 12:30-3:30 PM, $80

Since the classes seems to sell out quickly, I inquired about a private class. This is the response I received. 

Good Morning, Kathryn!

Thank you for thinking of Sfoglina for a private pasta class!  We would be delighted to host you!  We can host up to 15 guests for an intensive hands on pasta class that demonstrates how to roll and shape various pastas.  We can accommodate more for classes that focus less on rolling the pasta, and more on creating various shapes.  Was there a particular topic that you had in mind, or a number of guests that you would like to accommodate?  Additionally, did you have a specific date in mind? We can certainly customize a class to suit your needs! 

All the best,

Kristen Dennis

Private Dining Manager

Sfoglina Downtown

---

What would the consensus be that the group would be interested? 

• Like 1

Very interested - If there are more than 15, it would be fine to do the option that would accommodate a larger group. Count us in for 2, unless scheduling conflicts. How soon? I'll just say now that April is bad for us, with two weddings in one weekend, 1500 miles apart!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squidsdc said:

Very interested - If there are more than 15, it would be fine to do the option that would accommodate a larger group. Count us in for 2, unless scheduling conflicts. How soon? I'll just say now that April is bad for us, with two weddings in one weekend, 1500 miles apart!

Hive mind? How would 3/30 work? 

I'd love to do this.  3/30 would be tough but potentially doable for me.  I didn't notice a cost - did they offer any indication?

• Like 1

Very interested.

30-Mar is tough, unless this is a lunchtime event. We're hosting dinner that night, so need lots of afternoon prep time.

Very interested!  I think I could likely make that date.  Hoping this is the classic egg pasta, as I am going to do colored and semolina on other days!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

Very interested!  I think I could likely make that date.  Hoping this is the classic egg pasta, as I am going to do colored and semolina on other days!

Im hoping to schedule the classic egg pasta class! 

• Thanks 1

I'm interested and 3/30 is doable for me.

• Like 1

If we need a couple more people, I may have a friend or two who would be interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

If we need a couple more people, I may have a friend or two who would be interested.

I haven’t  forgotten about all who are interested. Im waiting to hear back from Sfgolina on details of our event. I want to give first availability to our members, ( up to 15) then if there extra spots , fill in with others who are interested. Fair enough? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

I haven’t  forgotten about all who are interested. Im waiting to hear back from Sfgolina on details of our event. I want to give first availability to our members, ( up to 15) then if there extra spots , fill in with others who are interested. Fair enough? 

sounds good! Just waiting to hear more info!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 11:58 PM, squidsdc said:

sounds good! Just waiting to hear more info!

Please send me a DM or respond in the thread to confirm your spot! 

3/5 update: There are a total of 15 seats available. 2 have been reserved, 13 remaining! 

724FBEA7-41D6-4D31-8512-ECAC12CC70E1.jpeg

Oh no, I just offered to host a birthday party for my brother on this date, but he hasn't confirmed availability yet, I will secretly hope he is busy this day!

1 hour ago, Ericandblueboy said:

So is this 3/30 during the day?  I'm in.

Does the $75 pp include any food?  

Class will be held from 11 -2pm on Saturday 3/30. At the price of $75, this will cover class instruction & you will take home the fresh pasta you made. I have discussed the addition of prosecco & antipasti, but that will increase the price a wee bit. If the majority would like this supplement, I will make it so. 

On 3/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

I will be drinking prosecco!

ETA -  when is payment required?

As soon as the PD MGR sends over the contract, which will be in a couple days. Please send payment as soon as you know for sure you want to participate in the class. Ill ask that everyone Venmo/ Paypal me so that the day of it can just be charged to my card. Does that work for everyone? 

Thanks for doing this Kat!    Yes on the paypal/venom.

I'd be up for prosecco & antipasti or the brunch or both!!  But I'll go with the flow of the group.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bart said:

Thanks for doing this Kat!    Yes on the paypal/venom.

I'd be up for prosecco & antipasti or the brunch or both!!  But I'll go with the flow of the group.

I will coordinate something where people can  arrive prior to the class to have cocktails , and bubbles & cocktails on their dime, and will add a supplement of something to nosh on during the span of the class. I want the class to be accessible to everyone so I'm trying to keep the cost low. The price of the class starts at $75/ instruction and take home pasta only. With the addition of a spread of snacks this will increase the price a wee bit.  Bear with me until I can finalize it, and I will post the final price and details of the class in a week.  The class will be held on 3/30 from 11 til 3, that is for sure. So please mark your calendar and let me know if you are interested. Thanks everyone for being so patient!

For those who have confirmed with me that they are interested, I have it noted and you are on the list.. Once I have the contract signed, I ask that everyone who wants to sign up, that they paypal or venmo me the fee for the class. You will need to pay for the class to secure your spot once I have posted final details. Sorry to be firm,. but I will be holding the date on my dime, so I ask that everyone be respectful and if they are want to attend to pay for the class to guarantee their seat. This is the part of planning for events that I do not enjoy, but if everyone complies, it makes the planning effortless. I appreciate everyone's help. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me, and I will answer it the best I can. 

• Like 1

Thanks again Kat.   I'm up for anything, but I'll definitely go with the flow.  If the majority want to keep it $75, that works for me.

Maximum flexibility over here!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bart said:

Thanks again Kat.   I'm up for anything, but I'll definitely go with the flow.  If the majority want to keep it $75, that works for me.

Maximum flexibility over here!

Thank you, DUDE!

March 30 works for me!  I'm a light drinker, FWIW.  And I'd like to keep it closer to $75 than  $125.