Cat Cora Exemplifies an Archetypal, "Entitled, Problematic" Diner at Alinea

curiouskitkatt

Incidentally, I've gotten first-hand stories of Corby Kummer behaving in an extremely entitled way (different circumstances, similar attitude). Fortunately, it didn't get elevated to social media (this was before Instagram got really popular), so the story died at the restaurant, living on only in the minds of those who know what happened.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Incidentally, I've gotten first-hand stories of Corby Kummer behaving in an extremely entitled way (different circumstances, similar attitude). Fortunately, it didn't get elevated to social media (this was before Instagram got really popular), so the story died at the restaurant, living on only in the minds of those who know what happened.

I can personally attest to this. 

• Sad 2

To characterize Grant Achatz and Cat Cora as culinary stalwarts at the same height in the culinary stratosphere is like lumping Ernest Shackleton and Popeye  Captain Stubing in the same boat as accomplished sailors.

But sure, we can all agree that any international "go fuck yourself/s" gesture is the perfect catalyst to a reasonable conversation.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Nitpicky: Carman wrote that Cora had the 2nd highest winning percentage on Iron Chef America but the link to Wikipedia does not support that. She is a very strong #2 alphabetically, though.

Also, Tock collects tax on service charges properly ;)