Xi'an Gourmet Meet-Up in Rockville - Sunday, Mar 17, 2019 at 6 PM

nelumbo

Would anyone be interested in meeting up at Xi'an Gourmet in Rockville to explore the menu? http://www.xiangourmetmd.com/menu.aspx

I'd prefer a weekend because this is a bit of a drive for me in weeknight traffic, but could maybe do a weeknight if it were a bit on the later side. This coming weekend (March 9-10) is totally open for me, but after that I have a moderate preference for Sunday evenings.

• Like 1

There are three Sundays in the second half of March: March 17 (St Patricks Day), 24, and 31. Any of these work for me - are there any preferred / bad weekends in that set?

I might be able to scrounge up another person or two.

9 hours ago, nelumbo said:

shaanxi cold steamed noodles
any of the cold stir mushrooms (enoki sounds good)
chengdu bean jelly
spicy trotters

pita w/ beef and lamb (or beef soup)
bbq whole fish or shaanxi flavor fish
rouga mo chinese burger
shaanxi flavor mixed veg

I'm happy to try all those.  We can add more dishes when we get a final headcount.

Ok, I have an additional +1. So by my count, that is 10 with a possible additional 3, but with one person who might order separately.  My inclination is to call the restaurant later this week with a count range (10-12), and then check back in again with a solid number on Sunday morning.

If we end up on the 10 side, we might fit at one of the round tables with a lazy susan (looking at photos of the interior on google)? With a larger number, maybe two of the round tables or some of the smaller tables pushed together (are there only 4-tops or are there some 6-tops?).

Reservation made for Sunday at 6 pm, 10-12 people, under "Nicky" (or possibly "Micky", neither of which is actually my name but works for this purpose).  I will confirm with them on Sunday morning, so please let me know before then if anyone has a change of plans or headcount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, right now my list is

nelumbo +3
ericandblueboy +1
danielk +2
ktmoomau +1

Which is a total of 11. I plan to call and confirm the reservation tomorrow in the early afternoon, please let me know any changes or corrections by then.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, nelumbo said:

Ok, right now my list is

nelumbo +3
ericandblueboy +1
danielk +2
ktmoomau +1

Which is a total of 11. I plan to call and confirm the reservation tomorrow in the early afternoon, please let me know any changes or corrections by then.

Please let us know (in the Xian Gourmet thread) how this was, and link to it here.