Cervantes Coffee Roasters, Roaster-Owner Marialy Justiniano's Single Origin Coffees in Springfield

Springfield might not have everything, but Cervantes Coffee Roasters is here, and it's darned good coffee. I'm not a fan of the industrial park location on Fullerton Road, and the corresponding lack of parking, but I am a fan of the coffee.

I should also point out that they won the award for best cold brew at the CoffeeFest in New York this past week. Congratulations to the crew at Cervantes!

From their Facebook page:

The results are in, and we won two Bronze Medals in the Golden Bean Coffee Roasters Competition!!!
Our Ethiopia Yirgacheffe won Bronze in the Filter category, and our Quixote Espresso blend won Bronze in the (milk-based) Espresso category!! We were competing against 198 different roasters across North America and over 1,300 coffees total submitted!! Make sure to come by the roastery or order online to get your award winning coffees!! #gbna #goldenbean #northamerica #bronze #medal #competition #ethiopia #yirgacheffe #quixote #espresso #blend #singleorigin #coffee #artisan #roaster #dc #virginia #caffeinatethecapital #nashville #tn #paisa coffee llc @ Cervantes Coffee

No photo description available.
Image may contain: text
Image may contain: text

Just tried them for whole beans. We bought a bag of Papua New Guinee and tried various strengths. We usually use 66 g per liter and that made for a thin coffee. We went as high as 86 gm and it still did not have the richness of our usual choice, Beanetics. 

If you like a purer expression with medium body, this would be n outstanding choice. For us, their roast is a little too light. They also source their breans from sustainable and economically responsible suppliers. 

• Like 2