Ariake - Consistently Good Sushi Now in Two Locations, Reston and Fairfax

Have been indulging in Ariake for years (since they opened in 2005) - the original location is a stand-alone across from Hunter's Woods Shopping Plaza in Reston, a block off Reston Parkway.  If coming off the Dulles Toll Road, instead of going towards the RTC, go the opposite direction; obviously various mapping services will get you there easily, more pointing out for those less familiar.  

I am a selective when it comes to sushi - Ariake has experiences Chef's, daily specials for lunch and dinner, and it is a decent sized restaurant if you want to eat-in.  Beware, their carry-out business has exploded and if you go during normal dinner business hours the place is hopping.  Despite having their own parking lot, it fills up fast and the employees often park on the grass around the restaurant to open up more spaces.  Sounds tacky, but like I said the place is consistently busy. Prices are similar to other decent sushi places, the fish is very fresh and they can be creative.  

They recently opened a Fairfax Ariake location and took their better sushi chef and a few of the other employees there to open.  For those who live in the Dulles corridor this place is almost on par with Tachibana in Mclean, and not as far to drive.

In the warmer months, they have outdoor seating which is nice; the sound of their waterfall helps mitigate the noise from passing cars on the two adjacent streets.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Have been indulging in Ariake for years (since they opened in 2005) - the original location is a stand-alone across from Hunter's Woods Shopping Plaza in Reston, a block off Reston Parkway. 

I really feel like I "get" the restaurant, based on your description alone. Thanks for the report (you should have written it 14-years ago - based on your review, I have Ariake rated in Italic).

• Thanks 1