Tony Cheng - Chinese and "Mongolian" with Dim Sum on 6th and H Street in Chinatown

21 hours ago, Bart said:

I’m here now (11:25 am Sunday) and the place is only 1/3 full and there’s plenty of parking.    Just an FYI. 

Could it be because it was St. Patrick's Day and the usual customers were out and about with the wearing of the green?  I was at dimsum at Tony Cheng's for the first time (not bad by the way) yesterday at 12:30, also pretty empty.

7 hours ago, hopsing said:

Could it be because it was St. Patrick's Day and the usual customers were out and about with the wearing of the green?  I was at dimsum at Tony Cheng's for the first time (not bad by the way) yesterday at 12:30, also pretty empty.

How was it?  The meal I had at Vinh Kee was fine, but it didn't seem any better than Sampan Café, or Hong Kong Pearl, or Fortune (RIP).  I mostly kept to the dumplings, which again, reminded me of the quality of many other local places. 

3 minutes ago, Bart said:

How was it?  The meal I had at Vinh Kee was fine, but it didn't seem any better than Sampan Café, or Hong Kong Pearl, or Fortune (RIP).  

There was just the two of us ladies and we didn't want to stuff ourselves.  We got the turnip/radish cake  (lu bok go) which was surprisingly good.  We also had shrimp and chive dumpling which was pretty good but a bit bland.  Finally we had egg tarts which were some of the best I've ever had.  I would definitely go back there and try other things if I was in the neighborhood like I was yesterday (for the Travel Show at the Convention Center).