House of India - Chef Shyam Prakash on Snowden River Parkway in Columbia

If you are in need of a place to meet between DC and Baltimore- my favorite lately is House of India off Snowden River Pkwy in Columbia. I have only explored the veg side of the menu but it has all been really good. The palak paneer haunts my dreams with large pieces of paneer and creamy spinach. The channa masala and other veg entrees have been delicious as well. There is a menu for 2 that also includes naan, soup and pakora for $40 a really good deal considering entrees are about $15.  The meat version is a little bit more.

The staff are also very nice.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, curiouskitkatt said:

A group of us will be hitting Merriweather Post Pavillion for a concert this summer. Perhaps I may be able to convince the group to eat here. Thank you for the review!

I should add- I am not an expert on Indian food at all, but I think of House of India as a very good neighborhood spot.

Royal Taj is the "fancier" Indian restaurant in Columbia. Also good. I resisted moving here for a long time believing I was leaving the diversity of food in Silver Spring. I am so glad to have great options here in Columbia.

2 hours ago, dracisk said:

I’m in Columbia from time to time (and I currently live in Silver Spring), so please keep the recommendations coming!

Yes, please do. Does anyone know which village House of India is in? Owen Brown?

(When I was a kid, I always got this village confused with the University of Maryland basketball player of the same name - it's definitely not named after the player, although I've never known who it was named after - the father of John Brown, maybe?)

OwenBrown.jpg "Eh? Meat loaf again this evening?!"