Kwame Onwuachi's Book Tour

ad.mich

The 29-year old chef has written a memoir titled "Notes From A Young Black Chef".  He is out there promoting it before the release and definitely doing  his  thing, notably calling out abuse he experienced in early jobs and offering dirt on the Shaw Bijou debacle. 

Kind of surprised no one has started a topic on this, but maybe everyone is scared to wade into the pool? 

On 3/27/2019 at 11:27 AM, ad.mich said:

The 29-year old chef has written a memoir titled "Notes From A Young Black Chef"....

Co-wrote, with varying degrees of help from Joshua Stein.  To date, chef Kwame has only held 1 job in the capacity of "chef" that has lasted more than 4 months.

The term "chef" merits more scrutiny and deserves to be distinct from cooks who do not, yet, preside over a kitchen staff.  So does "memoir".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poivrot Farci said:

Co-wrote, with varying degrees of help from Joshua Stein.  To date, chef Kwame has only held 1 job in the capacity of "chef" that has lasted more than 4 months.

The term "chef" merits more scrutiny and deserves to be distinct from cooks who do not, yet, preside over a kitchen staff.  So does "memoir".  

I agree, but I'm in a very, very small minority of people who doesn't care about celebrity (either being one, or fawning over them), and I won't call someone a chef who isn't directly running a kitchen - I don't buy this "Executive Chef" BS, never have, never will.

Still, I begrudge nobody their trip down Stardom Lane, if that's what they wish for - as a restaurant writer, it won't influence me one way or the other.