"Barton Fink" (1991), Ethan and Joel Coen's Masterpiece of Writer's Angst and Selling Out to Hollywood - Starring John Turturro and John Goodman

On 5/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, DonRocks said:

The Coen brothers are positively brilliant, and I've always had "Barton Fink" on my all-time greatest films list - I need to watch that again.

And so I did, tonight for the third time. When I saw "Barton Fink" in the theater, I swore it was one of the greatest films I'd ever seen, but I didn't have the first idea *why* it was.

Tonight, I still think it is, and only now do I fully realize just how much of this film I don't understand.

As I type this, I'm partially finished with this piece, an important analysis of "Barton Fink" - 

"'Writers Come and Go': The Greatness of Barton Fink" by Eric S. Piotrowski on medium.com

I run hot and cold with the Coen Brothers, and I had to force myself to watch "Barton Fink" on video many years after it originally came out, but I really enjoyed it. That was several years ago now and I don't remember much besides enjoying it -- I should watch it again.