Tiger Woods (1975-) - Legendary Golfer Wins His 5th Masters and 15th Major

Ericandblueboy

11 years after he last won a major, Tiger did it again.  To be fair, I have never seen so many shots in the water on the 12th hole before.  Everyone in the last two groups except Tiger got wet on the 12th.  Tiger ultimately won by 1.   Nevertheless, Tiger drove the ball well when it mattered.  His approach on the 16th was clutch.  

• Like 1

I don't follow golf, didn't watch any of the most recent Master's and have never paid much attention to Tiger Woods.  Regardless this article focusing on the surgery that allowed Tiger Woods to compete again at the highest level is informative and fascinating, describing the recovery as "miraculous". 

On one other note I saw that Tiger attributed his play to still maintaining "great hands", as his driving ability is not what it once was.  "Great hands" huh??   So maybe that is why I stunk while playing golf, grew frustrated, broke clubs, stormed off the course and ultimately quit.  OTOH it is possibly this quality that creates great soccer players. 

For him, heck for anyone at 43, to be competing at that level with players much younger with the latest high-tech clubs, golf-focused training regimens etc, and after major back surgery(s), it is impressive.    Obviously everyone benefits from the latest-and-greatest, however the technology assistance in a game like golf with better balls, irons, drivers added to the strength training all of these pros embrace, has changed the game dynamic.  

I play golf, love the sport, but doing what he just did is spectacular.

• Like 1

Until certain aspects of his private life became public, Tiger was one of my favorite athletes of all time.

Now that we know he's done a lot to hurt people in his personal life, I'm mostly indifferent about his recent professional accomplishments.  Hard for me to separate the two, though I know other folks are fine doing so.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 6:13 PM, silentbob said:

Until certain aspects of his private life became public, Tiger was one of my favorite athletes of all time.

Now that we know he's done a lot to hurt people in his personal life, I'm mostly indifferent about his recent professional accomplishments.  Hard for me to separate the two, though I know other folks are fine doing so.

Well put.  I have a “problem” in that I alternate with thinking that I really dont want to know the things we now get to know about our entertainers, restauranteurs, athletes, etc & then thinking that its more important that we do (& act upon it).  I cant help but reject the “head in the sand” theory and walk away from those that disgust me.