On 4/1/2016 at 2:25 PM, jeffmhunt said:

I just joined the forum yesterday and did a quick search, so please forgive me if I missed a topic or posting about Nashville hot chicken. I did see one great post in the Nashville, TN topic - shout-out to ol_ironstomach.

I lived in Nashville for about 12 years and frequented all the hot chicken joints there, even going so far as to make a customized Google map and host a blind taste test. Please feel free to contact me for any Nashville travel recommendations.

Not long after my wife and I moved here last summer, Eater DC posted a guide to local options for hot chicken. I have tried the dish at the Maison Dixon pop-up (pretty good!) and at CRISP Kitchen + Bar (not as good!), and even just bought some GBD fried chicken (RIP) and coated it with spice from one of my favorite Nashville restaurants. It's an addiction.

Has anyone tried the versions offered at America Eats Tavern, Due South, or The Chesapeake Room? I don't see it on the menu for DS, but it's $23 on the brunch menu at AET and $19 on the brunch menu at TCR (for the record: ridiculous).

It looks like we can look forward to attempts from Trummer's out in Clifton and maybe another Carla Hall restaurant somewhere down the line. Are there any other options out there?

Hit up Hot Lola's at Ballston Quarter for lunch.  Tenders a thick and juicy with minimal breading.  The OG sauce is spicy enough to keep you interested.  Might go the Too Hot sauce next time.  You get a side of bland slaw and pickles for around $8 not a bad deal.

19 hours ago, SwillBilly said:

Hit up Hot Lola's at Ballston Quarter for lunch.  Tenders a thick and juicy with minimal breading.  The OG sauce is spicy enough to keep you interested.  Might go the Too Hot sauce next time.  You get a side of bland slaw and pickles for around $8 not a bad deal.

Yeah I wrote about them later in the Nashville hot chicken thread. They're great!