Baked Lemon Ricotta

saf

Here I am again, looking for food that I have bought in the past, but can't find any more.

Fresh Fields used to have a baked lemon ricotta. It was lightly sweet, and quite tasty. They no longer have it, and don't know when it will be back.

Trader Joe's apparently carries it at Christmas. But I want it now. Bower's doesn't have it. Yes! doesn't have it. Cork is attempting to find it for me.

I have not yet been to Wegman's. Need to make time to get to the burbs.

Anyone familiar with this and know where I can find it, or how I can make it?

I have found it online, but really prefer to purchase locally.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, TheMatt said:

I want to say I've seen a lemon ricotta at Whole Foods. You might try there.

Sorry, by Fresh Fields I meant Whole Foods - I always forget that they merged and changed names. I have been to 2 locations, the husband has been to another one. P Street and Old Town know what I mean, but don't know when it will be back in stock. Friendship Heights looked at me like I was nuts and had never heard of it.

21 hours ago, gnatharobed said:

If I had read this earlier would’ve tried it!

If you do, get some fresh berries to serve it with. That's why I want it now - it's strawberry season!

So, I tried many of these places, and went back to some of the places I had already tried that said they MIGHT have it, some time. Nope. Also, it seems that I know nobody with a Costco membership.

Never did nail down making it well enough to make me completely happy. It was fine, but not as good as we wanted.

Then, Whole Foods, the new one, on Florida Ave, had it around Christmas! So happy! We had it for Christmas breakfast, on some pistachio orange bread that a friend had made for us for Christmas. So random.

Then they didn't have it again.

I asked. They said their supplier had run out, and they didn't know when it would be back.

In there to pick up some lettuce on the way home today I found it again. Now, if only I had some berries. If I don't find any at the farm market this weekend, I will make some quick bread with frozen berries and eat it on that.

This is not the same one they used to have. They used to have a loaf of it, and would slice it and wrap it for you. That's OK though, because this tastes just like it. So good. SOOOOO good.

lemon ricotta

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 5:54 PM, Torshi said:

Baked Lemon Ricotta in Trader Joes flyer for the holidays.  Just in case the craving is still around.

OK, they did NOT have it at 14th and U, but they had 3 pieces at Eastern Market. So we bought 2. And it is delicious. Thanks again!