Fishnet, Owner Ferhat Yalcin's Excellent Grilled and Fried Fish - Mount Vernon Marketplace

21 hours ago, curiouskitkatt said:

Permanent home is now at Mt Vernon Marketplace!

Thank you, Kat! We opened last night at Mount Vernon Marketplace with a smaller menu because that kitchen is super tiny.  I am still waiting for some equipment. Grand opening is on May 31st.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ferhat Yalcin said:

Thank you, Kat! We opened last night at Mount Vernon Marketplace with a smaller menu because that kitchen is super tiny.  I am still waiting for some equipment. Grand opening is on May 31st.

I'll plan on seeing you on the 31st, Good Friend!! I’ll spread the word... Delish!

Grand Opening today at Mt Vernon Marketplace! Come out and support one of the finest persons I have met when I first moved to the DMV! Baltimore is lucky to have you.

Open:  Sunday – Thursday 11am – 9pm, Friday & Saturday 11am -10pm

Mount Vernon Marketplace 520 Park Avenue  

Stall G Baltimore, Maryland 21201

info@eatfishnet.com

• Like 2

Battered fried catfish!

I made a beeline to Mount Vernon Marketplace to indulge in the offerings I had no doubt would deliver deliciousness. I have not had the chance to venture to College Park to visit the flagship location of Fishnet so I had no idea of what the menu was, but was pleased to learn that the choices at this location did not read like a CVS receipt. With the intentional list of choices, I opted for the fried catfish, which comes with 2 choices of sides. The mac & cheese is so good, I wished I could order in bulk. Not sure how they manage to create the smokiness without the addition of bacon, but it hits all  the right notes. Batter fried catfish sandwich was a home run as well. 

It was also nice to catch up with Kia, @Ferhat Yalcin's wife. She mentioned to me that there will be a third location slated to open for Fall 2019 in Columbia.  She shared with me the challenges of being a business owner, and the 8 years it took to find their groove. With Fishnet, they are creating a sustainable business model to which they are confident in expanding. The decision to close Drift on 7th was a hard one, but they came to a realization that the model was not feasible both financially as well as mentally. Giving birth to a restaurant takes commitment of  essentially being their 100% of the time, and not having that ability,  lead  do  reassessing what they wanted to do. Often taking a few steps back to take a look at the big picture ensures success for what you ultimately envision. Following their growth fills me with such a profound joy that I am fortunate to call them friends.Well done, Ferhat. Well done.

Delish,

kat

• Like 1