Steve & Ginny Go To Paris: May, 2019

We spent the entire month of May in Paris in a rental apartment on the border of the Marais & the 11th arrondissement but were too busy eating & drinking (& doing as many museum-y things as Ginny could drag me to) to post about each, so let me just list the places we ate in case anyone wants details and cant wait for specific posts (or doesnt believe I will ever get back to do this):

-Aux Bons Crus
-Ma Borgogne
-Le Mary Celeste
-Clown Bar
-Fulgurances
-Bofinger
-Robert & Louise
-Le Saint Sebastien
-Waly Fay
-Korus
-La Bicyclette
-L’Ange 20
-Breizh Cafe
-Grive
-Fish La Boissonniere
-Amarante
-Le Comptoir du Relais
-L’Avant Comptoir de la Terre
-L’Avant Comptoir du Marche
-Fifa
-The Brooklyn Pizzeria (go ahead - say something - I dare you)
-Chez La Vieille
-Chez L’Ami Jean
-Cafe Moderne
-Detour
-Brasserie Bellanger
-A La Biche Au Bois
-Au Passage

We returned home yesterday. Thankfully, the apartment did not have a scale and I neglected to buy one when we arrived. I still plan to write more about some of these places, as we had things that others may wish to hear about (or I may just want to write about and remember vicariously). I want to publicly thank some notable members of MFF & CH -- Voyager, Ptipois and John Talbott -- for making many recommendations, answering many questions & even breaking the virtual friendship “wall” and getting together in person.  And “joethefoodie” (MFF), aka "Weinoo" (eG & DR) aka "mitchleeny" (CH) who always shares his experiences and recommendations with me after he & Ms. Foodie (okay: “Significant Eater”) do their own explorations.

Anyone who wants to know anything about any of the above places doesnt have to wait for me to write about them, but should just contact me (on this thread or off it, by pm or e-mail).  Since I'm a food board junkie and friends are on boards other than this one, there are already some posts about this trip from me on MFF, CH & even Hungry Onion.  And, yes, we did a lot of sightseeing, shopped at markets and attended many events (ie; Roland Garros) that I’ll be happy to go on about if there’s any interest. The Paris Metro system is unbelievably great, but the miles of walking was the only thing that has kept me from, well, being even more rotund.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve R. said:

We spent the entire month of May in Paris in a rental apartment on the border of the Marais & the 11th arrondissement but were too busy eating & drinking (& doing as many museum-y things as Ginny could drag me to) to post about each, so let me just list the places we ate in case anyone wants details and cant wait for specific posts (or doesnt believe I will ever get back to do this):

-The Brooklyn Pizzeria (go ahead - say something - I dare you)

You can take the pig out of the pen, but ... 😋

My husband and I went to the Breizh Cafe last year. It's a bit pricey, especially for just a standard crepe, but the location is great for lunch. I had the andouillette galette, and it was very good if you're okay eating food that has a slight whiff of feces. My husband had a more traditional crepe with ham, and it was  probably overpriced for such standard fare, but you're partly paying  for the location (just a block from the Musee Picasso). Another good choice nearby is Glou, which is a bistro that serves a traditional three course lunch. We also had a great lunch at Aux Deux Amis on 11th on Rue Oberkampf. 

Pushing this up.  We went back for another month a little over a year ago and again stayed in the 11th.  Went to a lot of places, did a lot of things, ate a lot of food, saw several people from various food boards who are now friends (the CH contingent is still around).  If anyone wants more info, just ask.

The reason for this post, however, is that we're going back early May and will be there until June 10th.  Another rental in the 11th, but we do get around.  So... anyone got anything to say about Paris that I should know?  Merci.  (and yes, Don, we'll be going to Roland Garros again - got Quals tickets, as the first rounds were quickly sold out - but we'll probably be able to pick some up while there).