Whiskey & Oyster - A Seafood Restaurant by "Mango Mike"

After what seems like an interminable wait, Whiskey & Oyster has opened in the John Carlyle neighborhood in Alexandria.  Grover and I have now made two visits and, after a bit of a shaky start has now become much more organized.   A large room separated by large dividers into three distinct areas.  The bar is large, well organized and has a "booze conveyor" over head with lots of selections of various liquor.  The second and third sections are a somewhat private area with one section in front of the open kitchen and the third section close to the seafood is prepared. 

Speaking of seafood... the first visit:

A Carlyle Seafood Tower: A whole lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters, and more (food fog prevents more details) in three large, iced round trays.  Not only was the seafood extremely tasty, it was fresh and presented well.  it served three of us with no problem and lots of words of great satisfaction.  Okay, it was delicious and we really liked it.  

The second visit:

I had two dozen oysters.  The server will tell you which varieties are available. California, Maine, PEI were all available when we were there.  Other than the food coma I left with, I'd love to tell you what I had but there was nothing left but empty shells.  Grover had a seafood cobb salad.  She didn't want a lot of food...she's going to finish the salad for lunch.  Lots of seafood, crunchy lettuce, bacon..what more could you ask for?    

Whiskey & Oyster seems to be off to a really good start.  Dinner for the three of us for the first dinner was around $200, for the second dinner, around $100 with a bottle of wine at the first dinner and a glass of Albarino at the second .  Well worth the expense if you're a seafood fan (and if not, there are chicken and beef dishes but why would you want to do that?) 

• Like 2