7th St Hill Cafe - Coffee House at 7th Street and North Carolina Avenue SE, Eastern Market

Pat

Port City Java, which was in the old antique shop space opposite the North Hall of Eastern Market, has changed ownership/management and name. The overhead sign for "7th St Hill Cafe" just went up today.  The sign that has been up for a week or so in the door indicates it is closed for renovations and change in management. From what I've been able to find out, it seems that the franchise owner for Port City decided it was too expensive to renew the franchise because of the high rent. It seems to be completely new ownership, even though the note on the door only refers to management.

I went to put this is a Port City Java thread and discovered there never was one. I liked the place and their coffee. It's been very popular in the neighborhood.

I checked with the people at the newly named Hill Cafe on 15th Street and A, NE, and this place is not affiliated with them.

When I looked at the sign again, it appears I was supplying the "th" after 7 on my own. Whether it's correct or not, the sign reads: "7St Hill Cafe." I corrected the topic name accordingly.

Editing to note that the absence of the "th" was apparently an error. They have now inserted an extra triangular piece with "th" between "7" and "St" on the sign outside.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, Pat said:

When I looked at the sign again, it appears I was supplying the "th" after 7 on my own. Whether it's correct or not, the sign reads: "7St Hill Cafe." I corrected the topic name accordingly.

Editing to note that the absence of the "th" was apparently an error. They have now inserted an extra triangular piece with "th" between "7" and "St" on the sign outside.

Ha, this sounds like a signage mistake that was corrected as quickly and inexpensively as possible.

7thStHillCafe.jpg

There Facebook page is here, and they're currently open 7AM-2PM daily.