Bethesda - Watching the Women's World Cup Finals this Coming Sunday, Jul 7, 2019

bookluvingbabe

A possible suggestion:  Doghouse Bier Garten in the Triangle in Bethesda.  It is lively, featuring "dogs", sausages, and beer and other drinks.  Been there once.  I would return.  My "dog" was tasty, a kielbasa, with a variety of toppings including chili I enjoyed.  

Of course I'm not sure if this would work for your family, (with son) but it is worth investigating.  

We picked Tapp’ed and the only good thing I can say is that they had a grapefruit radler.  And plenty of tvs.  They were slammed and unprepared for the volume.  Our food didn’t arrive until well into the second half and the steak sandwich and fries were ice cold.

17 hours ago, bookluvingbabe said:

We picked Tapp’ed and the only good thing I can say is that they had a grapefruit radler.  And plenty of tvs.  They were slammed and unprepared for the volume.  Our food didn’t arrive until well into the second half and the steak sandwich and fries were ice cold.

I watched at Fireworks DC.   The bar and the table tops were crowded...not the restaurant.  Got up for a few minutes and some creep took my seat and pushed my stuff to the edge of the bar.

Didn't make a stink.  Found another seat.  The woman next to me was "reluctant' to let me sit there. ()&^%)  Okay.  Big deal.  Nice game.  Well played.  The Lavelle goal was a thing of beauty with a nice run up, a swerve to the defenders other side and a strong left footed boot into the corner.----> GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!   2-0. 

3 days later, saw a few minutes of the NYC ticker tape parade.  The celebrants are still celebrating, drinking, and being themselves.   Nice work, nice team.  So much talent.  and and btw:  Rose Lavelle plays locally.