Cafe Colline - Casual French in the Former Cassatt's' Space in Lee Heights Shopping Center - Opening Soon

23 minutes ago, dcs said:

Hilton Brothers Bringing ‘Cafe Colline’ to Lee Heights Shops, on ARLnow.com, July 9, 2019.  This is quite an interesting development.  There is zero competition for this type of restaurant at that location.  Looking at the storefronts for several blocks in either direction on Route 29, that is a situation that is not likely to change anytime soon.  I say this is well played.

I'm very much looking forward to a French place.  I've heard Chez Billy Sud is an excellent restaurant.  Hope they bring that mojo to Arlington.

27 minutes ago, hopsing said:

I'm very much looking forward to a French place.  I've heard Chez Billy Sud is an excellent restaurant.  Hope they bring that mojo to Arlington.

Excellent is a stretch - I have a marked preference for La Chaumière (where I had dinner a week ago) - but your point is well-taken. Do you remember Café Parisien Express, which was also in Lee Heights Shopping Center? They used to have "Couscous Night" once a week, and it wasn't bad (despite them using paper plates) - it was a nice place for a Sunday-morning croissant and middling cappuccino while lazily reading the newspaper.

That said, anything even close to Chez Billy Sud would be *very* welcome in Lee Heights Shopping Center, and would be one of the best restaurants in North Arlington.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Excellent is a stretch - I have a marked preference for La Chaumière (where I had dinner a week ago) - but your point is well-taken. Do you remember Café Parisien Express, which was also in Lee Heights Shopping Center? They used to have "Couscous Night" once a week, and it wasn't bad (despite them using paper plates) - it was a nice place for a Sunday-morning croissant and middling cappuccino while lazily reading the newspaper.

That said, anything even close to Chez Billy Sud would be *very* welcome in Lee Heights Shopping Center, and would be one of the best restaurants in North Arlington.

I miss the French club that used to meet there to practice their French speaking skills.