"7:19" (2016) - Director Jorge Michel Grau's Spanish-Language Film about the Mexico City Earthquake of 1985

DonRocks

"7:19" is a dramatic tale of survival in the 1985 Mexico City earthquake (which happened at 7:19 AM).

One little flaw I noticed is that, when an earthquake happens, everyone pretty much notices it at the same time (I was in the 2011 earthquake here while in *Reagan Airport* - small items were falling from the rafters ... that was a tense couple of minutes.

Anyway, three people are talking, and they're slightly out-of-sync when the earthquake starts - these pictures are a total of only about three-seconds apart, so it isn't noticeable except in slow-motion, and yes, it's a nit-picky detail, but they definitely notice something is wrong, one person at a time:

1:25:43 - The pleasant chat

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 09.26.40.png

1:25:41 - The man says goodbye, and the older woman notices.

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 09.27.07.png 

1:25:40 - The man now notices, and calmly says, "Oh, dear!" 

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 09.28.36.png

1:25:39 - The man calmly adds, "It's an earthquake" as the younger woman looks like she's about to throw up.

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 09.28.47.png

If you scroll through the four pictures quickly while looking at the younger girl, it's actually pretty funny.

I'm quite pleased to add that I saw the 1974 film, "Earthquake," on release, in Sensurround.

---

ETA - I suggest thinking twice about seeing this film, as it is one of the grimmest motion pictures I have ever experienced. It's an excellent movie, but you really need to be in the proper frame of mind if you choose to see it - it's something akin to visiting the Holocaust Museum.