Sign in to follow this  
Ericandblueboy

Washington Post Access Denied

I can no longer access Wapo's website at work because Wapo blocked my firm's access.  I have a digital subscription but I'm being denied access to content I've paid for.  Anyone else experiencing this?

My firm is currently working with Wapo to figure out WTF is going on.

ETA: Our IT folks said the block is initiated by Wapo.

I'd check with my network people first.  They will sometimes block websites "accidentally".  Because WaPo is now using Amazon Web Services (AWS) along with about 300 million spammers, they may have blocked the IP address block for AWS.  (incidentally, policy at most Fed agencies (not that you necessarily work at one) is that internet access can be blocked for any reason at any time  Your firm (or the network people) may feel they have the same right).

On 7/22/2019 at 10:37 AM, Ericandblueboy said:

I can no longer access Wapo's website at work because Wapo blocked my firm's access.  I have a digital subscription but I'm being denied access to content I've paid for.  Anyone else experiencing this?

My firm is currently working with Wapo to figure out WTF is going on.

ETA: Our IT folks said the block is initiated by Wapo.

WaPo began blocking "Incognito Browsing," following the lead of NYTimes. This started a few weeks ago, and may or may not apply to you.

I suppose I could say, "Sign in as a Guest instead," but I won't, even though the Post was using a communal membership here for years (and denying it!) before I finally deleted the account. What Washingtonian did was worse, but whatever.

Sign in to follow this