Volunteers Needed for Specific Tasks on this Website

DonRocks

There are many, many things that need doing, both big and small, both ongoing and finite. 

Can folks please write me and tell me what they'd be interested in helping with?

I'd need an idea of how long you can do this, and whether you want to do behind-the-scenes tidying up, or out-in-front thing involving members.

Please PM me - thanks. There's just too many things here for me to do by myself.

Here's 1 of 50-million examples: We need someone to go through Andy Hayler's London posts, and put them in our London forum and Dining Guide - each one takes about 5-10 minutes (which adds up if you're doing 80-hours a week on top of them).

I understand why nobody answered - people love having this magical thing in their lives for free, to use at their pleasure.

But it doesn't work that way, unfortunately - my charitable endeavors have limits, many of them unfortunately physical. Without substantial contributions of time from our members, people must understand that one camel's back will eventually break, and that said camel must be taken care of in his old age. This camel has been doing the work of fifty people for nearly fifteen years, all so that the DC community can live better lives - to maintain this level of quality without me, it will take ten full-time employees, one or two of whom need to be experts: They will not appear suddenly out of thin air.

I'm happy to play this anyway folks want it played, but just know there are limits, and that we've been up against them for a long, long time. Just remember that I've been saying variations of this for many years now, and nobody has volunteered, at least not to any degree of substance (a couple of people obviously notwithstanding). To all the takers, I say, "Enjoy it while you can - I won't be around forever."

For example, folks who are interested in Shopping and Cooking can do a great deal of help by combing over out Shopping and Cooking Index, which is just awful when it comes to recipes:

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 11.37.41.png

This is less than 1% of the work that needs to be done here, if that helps to explain the scope of how much help I need.

The ultimate solution (really, the only solution) still remains "investment capital," so if any enthusiast out there has enjoyed this community for the past 15 years (and has gotten wealthy along the way), get in touch. :)