Real Kung Fu Little Steamed Buns Ramen, Exactly what the title says near Times Square

I'm not sure why every restaurant doesn't sell soup dumplings.  But, the world is not perfect, and these little guys can be surprisingly hard to find.  

It's been said that RKFLSBR has the best soup dumplings in New York outside of Chinatown.  Admittedly, I haven't eaten every soup dumpling IN Chinatown, but these are damn good.  They also travel surprisingly well, which is good considering how cramped this little place is on 8th and 49th St.  Continuing my recent 'Good Food, Bad Service' tour of New York, I strongly recommend ordering takeout online due to a language barrier that the staff has surprisingly little patience with.  I also recommend being very careful about WHICH restaurant location you are ordering from (there are three in quasi-close proximity, all with slight name variations), lest you end up standing outside for half an hour in the August heat, left to figure out on your own that you are at the wrong location.  Lastly, I recommend ordering in advance (they take 25ish minutes to make) and stopping into Lillie's Victorian Establishment for a drink around the corner while you wait.

I'm told the hand-pulled noodles are fantastic, and the duck steam buns and scallion pancakes are great.  I have a hard time getting beyond the soup dumplings.

I am definitely of the Bobs XLB are pretty good. I generally prefer Shanghai Taste. 

The best Soup Dumplings I have has in Manhattan are at Yeah Shanghai deluxe which we visited on in Bayard. Now listed at 50 Mott Street.  Not sure if it is the same but the menu looks familiar.  It is a huge menu but we have never gotten past the cold plates and the soup dumplings.  I am going to Flushing in early October and look farward to trying Kung Fu and several others.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, astrid said:

Bob's Shanghai 66 has pretty good soup dumplings.  Weichuan brand pork flavored soup dumplings are pretty good.