Yardbird - Miami-Based Chain Known for Chicken and Waffles To Open in the Former Acadiana Space

I'm not sure it's a good barometer to judge a restaurant group by their Vegas outpost - there seems to be a common drop of quality the closer you are to Paradise, NV.  That being said, they put their name on the sign, so...  I do hope the DC location more closely mirrors Don's experiences in Miami than mine at the Venetian which have been expensively forgettable - passable food for the convention-going, expense account-paying masses.  Though I can't help but notice the location's proximity to the DC Convention Center. 

I will say I've had some solid cocktails there.

• Like 1

I loved the Miami location when I went in 2015, it was the kind of experience that I"m always hoping to get when I go to Southern, fried chicken joints but rarely get.  Hopefully they can bring some of that magic and this franchise doesn't overexpand itself into mediocrity like so many have.....

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, Mark Dedrick said:

I can report that as of two weeks ago the Miami location was still fantastic. I remain a huge fan. So while I would much prefer a local stand alone restaurant here, I'm more OK about Yardbird than most other offshoots. 

Totally agree.  Have enjoyed the Miami location many times and often wondered why we didn't have something like it closer to home.  

Had dinner at Yardbird last night. Perhaps it was the fact that the boss picked up the tab, or the excellent blackberry bourbon lemonade, or the convivial company, but I really enjoyed the food. We got a family-style dinner - three apps, three entrees, and two desserts. Highlights included the biscuits, deviled eggs, fried chicken, and key lime cheesecake. Note: It's very expensive, but if you can swing it or someone else is treating, I think you'll have a nice meal.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, DonRocks said:

I got delivery from the Miami location for lunch yesterday (I'm in Miami; they don't deliver all the way to DC). The chicken and the biscuits were just as great as I remember from when I was there nine years ago. Here are the Crispy Chicken Biscuits with Pepper Jelly ($16, biscuits adjusted for the photo) and the Lewellyn's Fine Fried [Half] Chicken with Honey Hot Sauce ($28) . I'm not sure I've ever had better fried chicken!

IMG_8614.jpgIMG_8613.jpg

We dined in at a packed Yardbird in DC two nights ago (a CAPS game, plus the Convention Center Auto Show, I believe - we quite possibly got the last 5:15 table in the house. Service was wonderful, the drinks were good (although what's to go wrong with a Wild Turkey Rye 101 at $14?), and the Deviled Eggs arrived looking like Angkor Wat towers - without utensils, you needed to take a bite off the top before you could even touch the egg white - no matter though, they were really wonderful. 

I hate to repeat my previous (carryout) order - not posted above - but two Wedge Salads and two orders of Llewelen's Fine Fried Chicken were just fine. Although we ate only half our meal, we got some extra dressing for our wedge salads (I highly recommend this), and had them for dinner again this evening when they were both better. An order of six biscuits for carryout ($8) went with both morning coffee and dinner the next night. This food travels and keeps very well, and service aside, we enjoyed the meal considerably more the second evening.

Do not hesitate to get this caryout and reheat it! It arrives at your table so piping hot that you'll lose some of the flavor nuances of the chicken.

Don't worry, Bantam King, we haven't forgotten about you. Comparable but a lot less expensive, and glad we have you both from which to choose.

Cheers,
Rocks

• Like 6