Hakuna Matata Grill --East African in Wheaton

On the tip of a friend who grew up in Kenya we got carryout from there this weekend and were very happy. Neither of us knows anything about East African cuisine but we enjoyed the food we had.  The entrees come with two small sides. I had the Katogo (green bananas simmered in a curried onion, tomato, and bell pepper stew) with peanut sauce added, which was very good and different than anything i've ever had. it was coconutty, peanutty, and spiced, but nothing like asian or indian food I've had. and the bananas were far more potato-like than they usually are. we got the masala chips, a large order of fries in a tangy tomatoey sauce with onions and coriander. they were great.  Husband had the beef stew, which he said was good, but like a milder goan curry. He liked it but liked the other dishes better. I was a bit surprised at the portion though, it was a pint container, and even that wasn't full, for $17.  for sides the rice pilau was nicely spiced, and the spinach was garlicky with some spice and great. the coconut white rice mostly tasted like rice with butter in it. https://www.facebook.com/HakunaMatataGrill/