Bandoola Bowl, Burmese, Vietnamese, and Thai by the Owners of Mandalay - Wisconsin Avenue above the C&O Canal in South Georgetown

It doesn't look like there'a a thread for it yet, so I wanted to start one for Bandoola Bowl in Georgetown, at 1069 Wisconsin Ave (just towards the river from M Street).  Bandoola Bowl specializes in Burmese and southeast Asian - style salads, recently adding noodle and rice bowls as well, at least on a seasonal basis.  Opened and run by the family that used to run Mandalay in Silver Spring.  I am totally rooting for this place to succeed.  Everything I have eaten here has been fresh and delicious, including the ginger salad, roasted pork salad (both the salad and noodle bowl), and chicken salad -- flavors and textures both great, and everything is customizable though they'll definitely make recommendations.  All of the dressings I have tried have been excellent (the green "garden" dressing that comes on the chicken salad is a definite favorite - I asked what was in it, and the answer was lots of herbs).  Everyone who I have come across that works there is unbelievably friendly and helpful.  If you're a return customer, you'll likely be welcomed back with a smile and asked if you've tried something that may be new on their menu or a special.  If you're new, you'll likely (based on personal observation at least, definitely) be offered tastes and recommendations.  I totally love this place.  It's unique in Georgetown, and the friendliness of the folks here is just overwhelming.  https://bandoolabowl.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1