Dock's Oyster Bar 3rd Avenue and 40th Street

DaveO

Not much to say about Dock's Oyster Bar.  I was there with a large convivial chatty/talkative group.  No foody conversation among us.  It did look to me though that everyone cleaned their plates and nobody complained.  On the service side of things are original table of 9 was reduced to 7.  The staff quickly and agreeably switched us from an oblong table to a round table, all the better for conversation.   That was nice.

My choices included crab cakes.  Hmmm.  Certainly not Maryland Blue Crab.  These were large crab cakes, nicely done, but overwhelmingly tasteless.  (reminder to self--always stick to Md Blue crab).  On the cocktail side I saw something called a Rusty Sail, asked about it and was told it was a Rusty Nail.   Now I like Rusty Nail Cocktails.  Scotch, drambouie, very strong very tasty.  This had neither taste, drambouie, or a scent of liquor.  That one really disappointed me.

On the other hand 6 other people left looking satisfied.   It appears to be a typical sort of upscale business/visitor type place.