pras

Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana - Glorious New Haven-Based Pizzeria Opening in Montgomery Mall in 2020

58 minutes ago, pras said:

While I have never made it to New Haven, I have certainly seen it on TV and have wanted to make a trip to try the clam pie.  According to the MoCo Show, in late 2020, a location will open at Montgomery Mall!!!!

While I am a big fan of clam pizza and new pizza options for this area in general, I would be at most cautiously optimistic. They have a location in Warwick RI, which is a lot closer to New Haven (as well as the clam beds), and the reviews are all over the map.

• Like 2

I hope it's good! I've only been to the Hartford location. Kinda bland. I noticed that at every table people were pouring on the oregano, parmesan, and pepper flakes.

Maybe this will get people up to New Haven in order to try the real thing. In that sense, it would be a great success, as it would inspire headquarters to get their best pizzaiolos down to where the greatest demand is.

The New Haven original is fine. All the other locations diminish the name. No comparison.