Maya Bistro, new Mediterranean place on Lee Highway, Arlington

There are not many places open for Christmas dinner, but this was one of them.  The food was like a Christmas gift itself.  Very fresh and flavorful.  These mom and pop restaurants always struggle so I am asking you all to try them out so they won't go out of business.    We ordered the grape leaves, mezze platter and moussaka.  Wow - everything tasted fresh and great. Stand-outs were the grape leaves, cheese cigars (borek) and moussaka.  Also had champagne (cava) by the glass which I really enjoyed.  Warm, cozy place.  Service was friendly and efficient.  We will become regulars here.  Hope you will too.  My husband doesn't even like Turkish food but he was completely won over.   https://bistromaya.com/

IMG_20191225_191505036.jpg

IMG_20191225_191458962.jpg

Edited by hopsing
pictures too large
  • Like 1
On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

We picked up from Maya Bistro Wednesday night. Excellent food. We had moussaka, fried calamari, grape leaves, and the mezze platter. They provided bread. Easy contactless curbside pickup, just drive into the alley on the left side of the restaurant.  We called in our order, gave CC info over the phone, and picked up the meals to avoid 3rd-party delivery cut of revenue. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in and say that this place punches well above it's weight.  If you are in Arlington, please think about giving this local favorite some business.  

Moussaka isn't something that I would typically order, but it is really out of this world.  You can get lamb/beef patties about six different ways and they are all great.  Household fave is probably the Beyti Yogurt, where grilled lamb/beef is wrapped in flatbreat and covered in yogurt.  

• Like 2