Washington-Liberty HS (2019, Formerly Washington-Lee HS, 1925) - One of Three Arlington County Public High Schools

DonRocks

I've always known Washington-Liberty HS, in Arlington County (VA), as "Washington-Lee HS," but I drove by the other day, and saw this sign on the corner.

W&L.jpg

After a quick internet search, I see that the Arlington Public Schools Board voted to rename the school in Jan, 2019, effective as of the 2019-2020 school year.

Jan 10, 2019 - "Virginia High School To Be Renamed Washington-Liberty after Lee Controversy" by Gina Cook on nbcwashington.com

I suspect that many of our members went here, as it's one of only three public high schools in Arlington County, VA (along with Wakefield and Yorktown).

Not that I'm "in the know," but I had no idea this took place, and was surprised to see the sign on the corner of the school - Arlington County has many other signs to change, including local bike-path signs which are still using the former name.

I'm also wondering what Arlington County plans on doing with that big house, high atop Arlington National Cemetery, or is this not their problem?

Who all here went to W&L? (Is it still called W&L?)