Marriott Marquis, Convention Center, 9th Street NW and Massachusetts Avenue in Washington, DC - The Best Hotel Gym, and Steps away from Kinship and Corduroy

MarkS

3 minutes ago, Keithstg said:

Oof.  Hope it's been renovated - that property was dreadful.

Actually all rooms were renovated last year.  Much better then the Sheraton we previously stayed in.  When it's 2 nights a week, 45+ weeks a year, out of my pocket the Ritz isnt happening.

3 minutes ago, MarkS said:

Actually all rooms were renovated last year.  Much better then the Sheraton we previously stayed in.  When it's 2 nights a week, 45+ weeks a year, out of my pocket the Ritz isnt happening.

Glad to hear it's been renovated!  The Ritz has also been renovated (still cheesy though), and I am amazed they continue to command a premium rate in Tysons. Bonvoy has been so frustrating I've all but stopped using them. Am LT Plat, Ambassador since the program was unpublished (legacy starwood obv). Sad to see such dilution.

7 hours ago, MarkS said:

We stay weekly at the Westin in Tysons so we accumulate and use lots of Bonvoy points. The Convention Center Marriott Marquis blew us away for the size and breadth of their gym. 2 floors of equipment, larger then many gyms.

We had dinner with Andy Hayler at Kinship, and afterward, walked him back to the Marriott Marquis. He said he was "forever away" from the elevator (it was the same with us in the Grand Hyatt - if you stay on the north side, you're right above the entrance, and directly opposite the elevator bank, and need to walk halfway around the hotel).

This is where we had our wedding block (and stayed ourselves for the weekend) 2+ years ago. The Marquis Lounge, if you have a room on that level or have enough Marriott status to gain access, is fantastic, and provided a great view for July 4th fireworks!