Wedding Dinner Venues near Georgetown for 22 People, Semi- or Private-Room - Mar 29, 2020

Destruya

First, I'm not asking for myself, but rather a good friend of mine.  He's looking for:

" restaurants in Georgetown that might be good for a 20-22 person wedding party, either semi- or full-private room. We've been looking at all the places on Opentable, but haven't found anything really suited - a view would be preferable. Bunch of restraunts have gotten back to us, but nothing really hitting the right notes yet. What venue springs to mind with Georgetown, decent view, and semi-private room? "

When he was asked which of those three criteria - private/semi-private room, view, and Georgetown - he would be the most comfortable with sacrificing, he chose the private/semi-private room.  He *wanted* Sequoia, but his wedding's at 2pm and Sequoia won't seat them until 6pm.  He said he's looked into Fiola but balked a bit at the pricing.

Any assistance or steers would be much appreciated.  The wedding is happening on March 29th.

EDIT: To add to the criteria: "windows are a priority, I've been told"

I just spoke with him and he said his fiancee's been in recent contact with Ristorante Piccolo as well.  But I see they just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so... 😬

I suggested an off-the-wall idea in booking a riverboat if they really wanted a view with their reception.  I'd also found CUT Above at the Rosewood Hotel, but that's an outdoor bar and there's no guarantee it still won't be horrendously frigid come the end of March.

I just told him about Chez Billy Sud.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destruya said:

I just spoke with him and he said his fiancee's been in recent contact with Ristorante Piccolo as well.  But I see they just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, so... 😬

I suggested an off-the-wall idea in booking a riverboat if they really wanted a view with their reception.  I'd also found CUT Above at the Rosewood Hotel, but that's an outdoor bar and there's no guarantee it still won't be horrendously frigid come the end of March.

I just told him about Chez Billy Sud.

I can certainly write Ian back and ask who to contact, if he needs help.