Dog Haus Biergarten, a California Chain Specializing in Sausages and Beer - Currently in Bethesda and Kentlands

Dog Haus opened today.  The second local location, the other being in Bethesda.  It's a chain from California.  It's a small footprint, but a tight concept with a full bar, tons of taps, and hot dogs, sausages, burgers, and plant based choices as well.  I will wait until it calms down a bit (free dogs today and before opening there was a line around the block at least 100 deep!).

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 4:37 PM, pras said:

I will wait until it calms down a bit (free dogs today and before opening there was a line around the block at least 100 deep!).

It may take a while for Dog Haus to calm down. I caught the end of this 4-minute segment on today's WUSA Channel-9's Morning Show. Adam Gertler did a quick demo and gave details for a text-in contest with a weekly free meal grand prize.

2 hours ago, deangold said:

I went to Bethesda once. Hugely crowded. I had a bland bratwurt and an expensive cider. If I was nearby and hungry, I might go back unless there was somewhere else nearby that looked interesting. 

That was my experience in Bethesda as well...a very disappointing, tasteless brat, and a "spicy" Italian sausage that was anything but. 

Stopped by last night.  Is it Kenji LopezAlt's Wursthall?  No.  Is it a fun place which is different than the typical burger joint?  Yes.  Is there a full bar with a ton of drafts, many of them local?  Yes.  Can you walk to it from my house in less than 5 minutes?  Yes.  Would I go out of my way to eat there?  Probably no, but it is something which will be a great addition to the neighborhood.  There is a great vibe going on.  I hope they can keep up the momentum.

Dog Haus Biergarten will open in Downtown Silver Spring, according to web reports confirmed by Laurie Yankowski, regional director, marketing for The Peterson Cos. The restaurant, which specializes in gourmet hot dogs, sausages and burgers, will be located at 933 Ellsworth Dr. in the space formerly occupied by Lebanese Taverna, which moved to 8535 Fenton Street.

https://www.sourceofthespring.com/silver-spring/dog-haus-biergarten-to-open-in-downtown-silver-spring/

I love hot dogs and sausages, and I've now tried this place a few times in Bethesda, and a few times in their new Dupont Circle location.

Sadly, it's been constantly disappointing. Essentialy, they take a mediocre hot dog or sausage, cover it with enough toppings so that you can barely taste what's underneath, and serve it all on a Hawaiian bread bun, which ineveitably falls apart about after two bites. A hot dog, decent tots or fries and a drink costs $20.

Haven't tried their burgers, and my son says their chicken fingers are pretty good. 

• Like 1