Kogi Underground - All You Can Eat Korean BBQ in Towne Center at Laurel

2 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I wonder if the KBBQ is related to the defunct KBQ?

Possibly, but KBQ stood for Kerry Britt Q (Kerry Britt was a gentleman of color), and I haven't heard about him in several years; KBBQ often stands for Korean BBQ. I don't have the answer, but this is at least something to go on.

I visited Kogi Underground last night.  I love Honey Pig more than I love most of my family, but I was hoping this would be good enough, since it's much closer to my house.  And indeed it was.  In some ways it was better (being able to hear your dining companions, for one), although i think overall HP will remain supreme. Spicy pork belly was the star, chadol a close second, mussels were a little weird, and everything else was very good.  It's all you can eat with a choice of 2 menus (20 dollars, or 24 for premium, which includes all of the 20 dollar and a handful of other things).  The main difference I noticed on the 24 dollar menu was the premium steak (literally a nice piece of steak) and shrimp options.  While those were both good, I think I would do the 20 dollar in the future, there are so many choices.   That said if you had a hankering for eating a shitton of steak, it would be a good way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Toogs said:

I visited Kogi Underground last night.  I love Honey Pig more than I love most of my family, but I was hoping this would be good enough, since it's much closer to my house.  And indeed it was.  In some ways it was better (being able to hear your dining companions, for one), although i think overall HP will remain supreme. Spicy pork belly was the star, chadol a close second, mussels were a little weird, and everything else was very good.  It's all you can eat with a choice of 2 menus (20 dollars, or 24 for premium, which includes all of the 20 dollar and a handful of other things).  The main difference I noticed on the 24 dollar menu was the premium steak (literally a nice piece of steak) and shrimp options.  While those were both good, I think I would do the 20 dollar in the future, there are so many choices.   That said if you had a hankering for eating a shitton of steak, it would be a good way to go.

I will have to check it out. Thanks for the details.