txaggie

Breakfast - The Early-Morning, Polyphonic Food Blog

St Andre & Bread. Still have about 3/8 of the wheel we bought. 

• Like 1

Leftovers. Beef Kebabs, roasted asparagus, the last of the yellow beets. 

Didn't have breakfast. (Posted lunch in the wrong place.)

Last of the farmer's market strawberries in a smoothie made with middle eastern yogurt drink. The first sips you could abrely taste the strawberry but it grew on me as I drank it. 

TJ's English Muffin & butter. We just scored a used Breville Toaster/Convection oven used to 1/6 the price of new so I needed to toast something. 

• Like 1

Crudite & garlicky yogurt dip. 

Atwater scalded rye sourdough with melted asiago & fontina and then leftover slices of grilled chicken breasts.

Kay scours Next Door and 5 mile etc for free or cheap stuff. This is her outlet now that garage sales are a thing of the past. Her latest score is a like-new Breville toaster oven for $40 which is like 20% of the price of new. This is an amazing appliance. I set it for 3 slices, medium color and it made three perfectly matched slices, exactly medium color in 4 minutes. WOW!

• Like 1

The last of the Atwater Raisin Walnut bread, cream cheese {philly brand} capers, red onion, Acme smoked salmon. The second round was made with toasted whole wheat English muffins from TJs.

Unlike last week's attempt, this week's bread was a success.  So, this morning I made toad in a hole with spiced oil in the skillet.  I used a bit too much cayenne for my taste, but my husband liked the spice level.  We both felt the bread ended up too crunchy, so I'll need to revisit this recipe.

• Like 1

Tuna with homemade mayo & sakura soy.

triscuits & feta and blue.

Thai banana. 

Bali Blue Moon coffee. 

Spot had, you will never guess! Pizza and cat chow. His meowing for the pizza, which started an hour before pizza time, woke the neighbors. 

• Haha 2

We had some finely diced jerk chicken left from earlier this week, so I made up a waffle batter and added some of the chicken to it for a very uncomplicated chicken and waffles breakfast.  I've got enough leftovers for at least the next 2 days so also a win.

• Like 4

We had a tomato that needed cooking. So I scrambled it with some eggs. But I added a few things to it. Crispy guanciale. Local spring onion. The last of our grilled & roasted veggies. A ton of reggiano. Spices. So a simple, light, healthy tomato and eggs. 😋

Spot gave us dirty looks because we were in the mystery room and he did not get any pizza out of it. So he ate his chow, lapped up water, and pooped. The scratching of kitty litter sounded particularly emphatic and angry. He is sleeping it off now. 

• Haha 1