If the apps are having a hard time making money in the current environment, the business isn't sustainable.  Adding a cool, scalable tech platform to a low-margin, manual business doesn't really change the core business.  What do they say about solving negative gross margins with higher sales?

As to discriminatory pricing, it absolutely does exist.  Here's an article that's more comprehensive, but does include some discussion of that.  There are other, trickier ways to get at the same thing.  Popeye's, for example will include specials for in store that aren't available on their app for pickup or delivery.  

Goldbelly just delivered two muffulettas from Central Grocery..It arrived in great shape - packed yesterday, arrived today, just enough soak of olive spread into the bread. The bread held up well, and the packaging was perfect. It was pricy -- $102 for 2 sandwiches, but it feeds 4 people. I wouldn't order it again at that price.

I am thoroughly enjoying it, but I can see how it might be considered a bit too salty. I'll try Italian Store's version soon enough to compare.

(EDIT: On the second day, after scraping a bit of the olive spread off, the muffuletta was a bit better. Maybe that's sacrilegious, but it works. The olive spread was just too salty.)