LA Mart - International Grocery Stores in Springfield and Silver Spring

I know I have been in an LA Mart before but I wasn't sure which one. I was not impressed.

I went to the Van Dorn location last Sunday. There was a line to get it, nicely socially distanced, and you were given gloves at entrance. 

This location is stellar. For produce, dairy and dry goods, it may be the best Asian Market I have been to so far. It was nothing special for fish & meats. Simple prepared foods with good looking BBQ & Roast meats, a nice looking hot bar, really tasty looking cold marinated meats like chicken feet, various tripes, pig ear etc. and some baked goods. 

The produce section is very large and then when you get to what you think is the end, there is an entire second section to the left making it L shaped. It is huge. Hugely huge. So huge, your eyes wll be spinning by the time you shop all of it. Fantastic prices on mushrooms, herbs, greens and more. We had an order coming from the farmer's market so I did not really check out everything. The fruit selection was a tad less impressive than the rest.

Dairy had a great selection and, surprisingly, a huge emphasis on Middle Eastern items like yogurt drink, various fetas etc. The Latino cheese & crema etc. section was impressive too. They had a huge selection of locally made logan chorizo in multiple styles. 

The dry good selection was also good but if I came back with more asian cooking ingredients Kay would feed me to Spot. The frozen selection was quite huge, almost as big as Super H-Mart in Fairfax. There is a full length aisle of western and Indian frozen goods too.

The Middle Eastern, Indian and Latino selections were excellent and make this a super convenient shop. But it is not a one stop shop because the meat & seafood just seemed not up to the rest of the store. But in all fairness, Kay was waiting int he car so I did not really explore. 

spot teeth.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StarStraf said:

I rotate between LA Mart on Van Dorn and International Market on Duke  

International Market? Where is that? I go to Grand Market for the fish mostly. Same parking lot as Pho Factory, Hee Been or Chef Guo's

1 hour ago, deangold said:

International Market? Where is that? I go to Grand Market for the fish mostly. Same parking lot as Pho Factory, Hee Been or Chef Guo's

Yeap that one used you be grand mart now new international market. Year or two ago. I love their citrus and thin sliced meats