Red Truck Bakery - Brian Noyes' Superior Bakeries in Marshall and Warrenton

Apple hand pies--a vastly superior version of the only thing I can eat from McDonald's.  That's almost certainly underselling it, but eating the two side by side would be an excellent reminder of why you should pay up for quality.

• Like 2

Have I not posted *any* pictures of what I've gotten from Red Truck Bakery during the past year? I thought sure I had.

Let's start with these:

IMG_9418.JPGIMG_9412.JPG

That glazed thing is their Lemon Bundt Cake. The icing is druggingly delicious, but the cake itself is so good (and moist!) that it doesn't need the icing. I've surely never had a better bundt cake than this, not even close. Red Truck only makes cakes with fresh fruit, and they stopped making the lemon cake at the end of September (they'll begin again in January); right now, they're making an Orange Bundt Cake which looks like the same thing, and is probably just as good (I see some orange zest sticking out of the icing in the picture). You just place your order, drive out to the back parking lot, call them, and they'll bring it outside. They'll also ship to you which will save you a trip out to Marshall, but why not go and have dinner at Field & Main across the street?

Bryan Noyes deserves serious consideration for a James Beard Award. If there's a better rural bakery in America, I'd like to know what it is.

We stop at Red Truck Bakery every time we head out to Shenandoah or other towns out there (it is only a 5-10 minutes detour off the highway) and we always love the cakes. The orange bundt cake and Kentucky bourbon are our two faves. Still good but not faves are the apple cake and triple chocolate cake. The granola is very sticky and good with a nice twist with added coconut. The cookies and other goodies are good but the cakes and pies are why it is worth stopping or going for a trip. Also a few doors down and across the street is a really good small butcher/gourmet foods shop that makes good burgers/sandwiches. I can't recall the name and not sure how they are doing during Covid. Red Truck during Covid is operating pre-orders and has a walk-up window where you can get all of their offerings (no indoor access).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, KeithA said:

We stop at Red Truck Bakery every time we head out to Shenandoah or other towns out there (it is only a 5-10 minutes detour off the highway) and we always love the cakes. The orange bundt cake and Kentucky bourbon are our two faves. Still good but not faves are the apple cake and triple chocolate cake. The granola is very sticky and good with a nice twist with added coconut. The cookies and other goodies are good but the cakes and pies are why it is worth stopping or going for a trip. Also a few doors down and across the street is a really good small butcher/gourmet foods shop that makes good burgers/sandwiches. I can't recall the name and not sure how they are doing during Covid. Red Truck during Covid is operating pre-orders and has a walk-up window where you can get all of their offerings (no indoor access).

Do they still have the FAUQUIER MOM t-shirt for the ladies? 😜

2 hours ago, KeithA said:

We stop at Red Truck Bakery every time we head out to Shenandoah or other towns out there (it is only a 5-10 minutes detour off the highway) and we always love the cakes. 

We do the same on the road to the Shenandoah, or on our way to my wife's family in Ohio.

Don't make the same mistake that I did and notice the Route 11 Chips factory, too in Mt. Jackson, VA! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, KeithA said:

Their ice-cream is also exceptional. Produced in collaboration with Moo-Thru, another Fauquier County business. Not widely available, and absolutely not cheap, but every bit the equal of the flyover-based ice cream makers so fawned over.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bob Wells said:

LOL I once made a special trip to visit Route 11's old location in Middletown VA. Unlimited samples of chips! 

Same here. Except production was closed and all you could do was buy bags of chips in the lobby. All part of what my family still describes as the worst vacation ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1