The National Drive-Thru Market - Wholesaler-Driven Shopping in The National Conference Center Hotel, Leesburg

curls

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

For those in Loudoun County, there will be a drive thru market with the following vendors: Profish, Metropolitan Meat, Seafood & Poultry Company, Coastal Sunbelt, and Bear Chase Brewing Company.  More information from WTOP:

"Shuttered Restaurants Spawn Drive-Thru Market in Loudoun County" by Neal Augenstein on wtop.com

---

Profish (lion)

Here's The National Drive-Thru Market's website.

I know nothing about this, other than the five minutes of research I did to split off this thread, but please be aware that some (all?) of these vendors appear to be large distributors (Metropolitan Meat, Seafood & Poultry Company, for example, appears to be either owned by or affiliated with Sysco).

For lack of a better term, I classified this as a "Wholesaler Co-op" in the Shopping and Cooking Index.

Did not know about Metropolitan Meat's acquistion by the evil empire. Metro was Whole Foods meat purveyor while I was there and not very quality oriented. They mostly brought in what WFM needed. Their quality has gone down hill. Today they rank far behind Huntsman and Capitol meats. But they are better than the others. 

• Like 1