Little Coco's - Casual Italian Bar and Cafe by Jackie Greenbaum and Gordon Banks, 14th and Randolph Street in Petworth

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

Little Coco's for dinner tonight. It's about 3 blocks away, so easy walk. We ate appetizer buffet, and it was tasty. Also wine. If you like their pasta (we weren't in a pasta mood tonight), Thursday is pasta and prosecco night there. So, a deal on 2 pastas with 2 salads and a bottle of wine.

Takeout from here again on Friday. We had the zeppole for apps. I had chicken wings - they are lemon garlic, and quite tasty. The boy had "Red Wine Campanella," which is described as,  "braised short rib, bacon lardons, mushrooms, caramelized onion, pecorino" All tasty.

Really, the major lack here is dessert. I am always sorry that the dessert is rarely worth eating. (I hear the tiramisu is good, but I do not like coffee in my tiramisu so that doesn't work for me.)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dracisk said:

Zeppole as in these? Or is there another kind of zeppole I'm unaware of?

Oh how I wish. If so, I would eat dessert there ALL the time!

No, they call them "Fontina Zepploe," and they are described as "Italian Fritters, green onion, tomato jam." They are quite tasty, but not like those.

• Like 1