I have some fairly thick cloth ones that I have had for a few years, they are a pretty snug fit which is why I like them.  I had gotten them on Amazon before this was ever a thing.  I wash them weekly.  I also just ordered one from Monday's Child, and will likely order a few more as I will need to wear them more as I have to go into my office more.  They have children and adult sizes at Monday's Child- I got them from there to support local, and they had cute fabric.  Many dry cleaners are making them for sale, as well.  I am going to continue to wear mine for all times out of my house for the foreseeable future, so I wanted enough that I didn't have to do laundry as often.  I think the ones that tie in the back instead of elastic are probably more comfortable for long period for kids, the elastic never bothers me though.  Maybe get a few of each type and see what they prefer.

I bought a set from StringKing, which is a lacrosse company that ended up making masks. Really soft and comfortable and the ear elastic is way more comfortable than most of the other ones we have.  Whole family wants more of these ones rather than the earlier purchases.

Generally speaking, “It’s Kind to Remind”.

For a stranger quickly walking past me on the street, probably not.

But for someone who’s going to be within 6 feet of me for the next few minutes or so, you better believe I remind.

The key is not to make a big deal out of it, or come off as judging.  I make a gesture with my thumb and index finger going up and down above my mouth, lifting towards my nose quickly a few times, and say “hey, your mask fell down.”

Nearly 100% compliance, so far.

• Thanks 1
On 1/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, KMango said:

Generally speaking, “It’s Kind to Remind”.

For a stranger quickly walking past me on the street, probably not.

But for someone who’s going to be within 6 feet of me for the next few minutes or so, you better believe I remind.

The key is not to make a big deal out of it, or come off as judging.  I make a gesture with my thumb and index finger going up and down above my mouth, lifting towards my nose quickly a few times, and say “hey, your mask fell down.”

Nearly 100% compliance, so far.

The couple times that I've forgotten to have my mask on properly, I was reminded, and always thanked the people who reminded me. You have to figure that if people are wearing a mask to begin with, they want to actually wear the mask properly; it's the ones without a mask you need to stay away from.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, DonRocks said:

Wearing a facemask "to protect others" is now moot.

I don't quite remember why I made this comment (and added the quotes) on Jun 1, 2020. Maybe I had decided the virus had spiraled out of control, but this doesn't seem like something I would have written. 

• Thanks 1

In case any one else is interested, my doctor recommended I buy Kf94 masks. She got them at HMart,  but we aren't going in stores now.. so I crossed my fingers and bought some on Amazon. I will still wear another mask over, but they are so much cheaper than KN95s.

4 hours ago, ALB said:

In case any one else is interested, my doctor recommended I buy Kf94 masks. She got them at HMart,  but we aren't going in stores now.. so I crossed my fingers and bought some on Amazon. I will still wear another mask over, but they are so much cheaper than KN95s.

I bought these KF94 masks. Excellent quality. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LBRZD78?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

• Like 1

Almost got into a fight at the Galleria today.  I was walking on the 3rd floor as exercise and when I passed a guy sitting on a couch without a mask, I said "put your mask on sir."  He puts his mask on and then asked if I worked in the mall as I was walking away.  I just kept walking.  Then he gets up and yells "no one tells me what to do" and he starts to follow me, saying "I'm gonna kick your ass."  He's too fat to ever catch me but he followed me all the way downstairs.  I should've recorded him as he followed me and continued to threaten me with bodily harm - I could've made some money on youtube.

• Sad 2

Tysons?  It is usually civilized, but I only go on the early side during the week.  People are just turning into animals (not the good cuddly kind).  Sorry you had the chase down. 

Keep the masks on.  Good for you for speaking up.