Dining Indoors as of June, 2020

deangold

I cannot imagine dining indoors. It is an extreme risk activity. I feel for the bunsiness who because there is not real rescue going on. I lament the workers who are trying to survive on unemployment and $1200 and must go back to work or lose the unemployment. I seee the pictures of restaurants over crowded, with people not wearing masks {vp pence for esample} not we ring masks and am thinking how we came to this. We are putting businesses and workers in an untenable position because the gutless politicians won't actually prvide relief. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Deangold, we're on the same page in terms of dining indoors and putting together another relief package.

However, Fairfax County opened up to Phase II on Friday and some people will eat indoors. Yesterday was my shopping day and driving around I saw many people eating outside of restaurants. Unfortunately, there are people who seem to be going back to "normal living' in the activities. 

I'm not trying to judge people who do eat inside at restaurants but wondering what the experience would be like and how things have changed for them.

Since we have high risk people in our household, we're pretty much be under the same conditions for the foreseeable future. However, we're hearing from extended family and friends that are loosening restrictions and even traveling for the summer to isolated locations.

4 hours ago, Keithstg said:

I dined indoors last night. Waiters were wearing masks and gloves, and we were wearing masks when not eating. My experience was that regulations were being adhered to by staff and customers. While I personally do not feel that dining indoors is a high risk activity for me/ my family, I completely understand those who feel differently and respect their decisions.

We felt as safe as one can feel in this environment and the food (Auberge Provencal) was as good as it's ever been.

I bet there are a lot of restaurants that aren't as careful as the one you were at least night. I have seen shocking pictures of lack of social distancing and mask wearing from customers. I know the guy who was in the parties. I mean not know as is Hi Mike, how ya hanging? But it was Mike Pence.