"Ambient 1: Music for Airports" By Brian Eno (1978)

Tweaked

Brian Eno has a very long line of credits and collaborations.  With Ambient 1: Music for Airport he coined the term "ambient music."  Per wiki:  The album consists of four compositions created by layering tape loops of differing lengths, and was designed to be continuously looped as a sound installation, with the intent of defusing the tense, anxious atmosphere of an airport terminal.

Ambient 1: Music for Airports, performed by Alaska Orchestra with live visuals by Carla Zimbler

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:10 AM, Steve R. said:

I’d rather listen to Yoko screeching.  Inventiveness has its limits.

I’ve heard Yoko Ono screeching precisely once in my life. When I was young, I bought a 45 by either John Lennon or The Beatles (I can’t remember what it was), but on the B side was a song called “Touch Me,” and all it was (or at least all I remember from many decades ago) was a chord or two, followed by Yoko Ono making these primal screams. At that stage of my life - and I may still have been very young (I bought it at Waxie Maxie’s in White Oak (PS - I know Max’s son quite well)) - it was my WOAT (Worst of All-Time).

13 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I’ve heard Yoko Ono screeching precisely once in my life. When I was young, I bought a 45 by either John Lennon or The Beatles (I can’t remember what it was), but on the B side was a song called “Touch Me,” and all it was (or at least all I remember from many decades ago) was a chord or two, followed by Yoko Ono making these primal screams. At that stage of my life - and I may still have been very young (I bought it at Waxie Maxie’s in White Oak (PS - I know Max’s son quite well)) - it was my WOAT (Worst of All-Time).

Relive your memories.

• Haha 1