The Union, Downtown McLean - Chef Giridhar Sastry Comes from The Mayflower Hotel

I had to cut through their outdoor seating to pick up my Greek Taverna takeout a month and a half ago.  The patrons sitting there looked at me like I was a leper walking by -- I couldn't maintain 6 feet from them.  Oh well, I don't blame them.

Aargh, the chef has so much potential - born in West Bengal, headed The Mayflower for nine years, and now he's trying to please everyone with his menu. I do hope he returns to his strengths, whatever they may be. 

One last shout-out to Cafe Taj which was solid Northern Indian 25-years ago. Between this and Greek Taverna, I enjoyed many a meal in this shopping center - the parking garage was never a problem, and was actually downright serene on the bottom level.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I enjoyed many a meal in this shopping center - the parking garage was never a problem, and was actually downright serene on the bottom level.

The serenity, at least on Saturday nights, ended when Aracosia opened up.  It became hard to find a spot down there.  That was pre-pandemic when we used to dine-in at Greek Taverna.