Oregano and sage

sandynva

All of my herbs have done extremely well this year, including my sage and oregano. I now have large quantities of each  and no idea how to use up the bounty.  I usually only use the oregano in pasta sauce and Greek lemon potatoes  and have found that you can’t just add extra oregano to these recipes as it’s too strong.  Does anyone have any (preferably vegetarian) recipes that use lots of either herb?  Thank you! 

On 8/14/2020 at 3:50 PM, sandynva said:

All of my herbs have done extremely well this year, including my sage and oregano. I now have large quantities of each  and no idea how to use up the bounty.  I usually only use the oregano in pasta sauce and Greek lemon potatoes  and have found that you can’t just add extra oregano to these recipes as it’s too strong.  Does anyone have any (preferably vegetarian) recipes that use lots of either herb?  Thank you! 

Anything from a thanksgiving menu should help you narrow down choices for those herbs - bread stuffing would be good and easy. It is not only for 1 time a year 🙂

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pat said:

Might sound like an odd answer, but look for recipes by Ina Garten and Martha Stewart. Both of them use a lot of fresh herbs.

You also can't go wrong with Ina recipes. Martha Stewart are hit or miss in my experience

• Like 2

Funny,  Martha is one of the few people, along with Nigella Lawson, whose recipes always work for me!  I wonder if it’s some thing about the way different people cook or something.  In any case, I should definitely look at recipes by those two