Inn at Perry Cabin - WTF?

DonRocks

1 hour ago, MarkS said:

Wow, the INN is nice but that rate is crazy.  For much less you can charter a 40' catamaran with a captain for a couple of days and go to St. Michaels.

Look at these prices! Who is paying this much?!

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.06.43.png

The Inn at Perry Cabin is nice, but not *this* nice - the prices include a (one-time per visit (not per night)) $200-300 credit to their restaurant (now called "Stars"), which used to be okay, but not the least bit memorable; maybe they upped their game or something, but I've stayed here twice over the years, and this seems like insanity to me. Getting a regular old room, with a single dinner for two at their restaurant, the first Fri-Sat in October will cost you about $2500 all-in. 

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.27.46.pngScreenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.28.03.png

The same thing - two nights and one meal - at Michel Guérard's Les Pres d'Eugenie - a Michelin 3-star restaurant that's one of the finest in the world, and also offers gorgeous overnight lodging - will cost you less than half what you'd pay at The Inn at Perry Cabin.

Terroir-Sublime-Michel-Guérard-July-2020-EN.pdf

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.41.36.png

The world is spinning out of orbit.

This is insane. 

I was last at the Inn I think roughly 7 years ago (we'd received a very generous gift certificate at our wedding the prior year).  We went during off peak (February) and I remember cringing at the 350/night tariff back then.  Its a lovely place, and we enjoyed a room with a fireplace and a wonderful view of the water - but there is zero chance I'd even consider it at that current price point.

On 9/9/2020 at 9:28 AM, DonRocks said:

The same thing - two nights and one meal - at Michel Guérard's Les Pres d'Eugenie - a Michelin 3-star restaurant that's one of the finest in the world, and also offers gorgeous overnight lodging - will cost you less than half what you'd pay at The Inn at Perry Cabin.

Terroir-Sublime-Michel-Guérard-July-2020-EN.pdf 214.11 kB · 5 downloads

Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 09.41.36.png

The world is spinning out of orbit.

Yes, but you can't go to Les Pres d'Eugenie the first weekend in October. so not a fair comparison.

No argument on the world, however.

I've been the past few years in the summer. It is overpriced and the restaurant is a bit hit or miss - some dishes have been really good and some so-so. That being said they regularly offer discounts on their rates if you schedule far enough in advance.  I think these rates are significantly increased from what I've paid in past years and I've never had to pay in advance for a meal credit.