Knead Wine - Jarad Slipp and Allie Nault's Carryout Pizzeria, Featuring $20 and $45 Bottles of Wine - 5 W. Washington Street in Middleburg

On 10/11/2020 at 7:43 AM, Keithstg said:

Heads-up that Jarad Slipp has opened Knead Wine in Middleburg in the small space next to the former Julien’s location. Excellent pizzas and wine - one side of the store has $20 wines and one side has $40 wines. Takeout only. Wonderful addition to the village.

Knead Wine

I enjoyed fantastic pizza and wine from Knead over the weekend. It seems like the place is an entirely carryout operation, which suited our needs that night but might be challenging for those looking for a place to eat while they walk thru town. Pizzas were top notch and wine list had many wines that looked worth trying to me. I really enjoyed both bottles that we tried (Tiefunbrunner Pinot Grigio and Vilerma Blanco Ribeiro) for $20 each.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DannyNoonan said:

I enjoyed fantastic pizza and wine from Knead over the weekend. It seems like the place is an entirely carryout operation, which suited our needs that night but might be challenging for those looking for a place to eat while they walk thru town. Pizzas were top notch and wine list had many wines that looked worth trying to me. I really enjoyed both bottles that we tried (Tiefunbrunner Pinot Grigio and Vilerma Blanco Ribeiro) for $20 each.

Yep. Totally carryout. There are picnic benches available behind the community center and on  the Hill School's campus, both of which are an easy walk, fyi. Agreed on the wine - a fine selection, as you'd expect. The best in the area aside from Locke Store, which is all the way over the mountain.

On 10/13/2020 at 6:45 PM, Keithstg said:

Yep. Totally carryout. There are picnic benches available behind the community center and on  the Hill School's campus, both of which are an easy walk, fyi. Agreed on the wine - a fine selection, as you'd expect. The best in the area aside from Locke Store, which is all the way over the mountain.

Had a little babymoon overnight in Middleburg last Thursday, and can very much echo the praises for Knead's pizza. These were some of the best pizzas we've had in a long, long time. Got the Margherita (bright, sweet, acidic, and not skimpy on the basil), the Trucks (brilliant idea adding the pistachios for some textural contrast and lingering bitterness), and the Hendrix (the winner of the three, with incredible rough-ground fennel sausage and a garlic cream sauce). Wonderful blistering / char on the crust, and a really nice lactic tang in the dough. What a great addition to Middleburg, and worth a scenic drive from DC.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 7:43 AM, Keithstg said:

Heads-up that Jarad Slipp has opened Knead Wine in Middleburg in the small space next to the former Julien’s location. Excellent pizzas and wine - one side of the store has $20 wines and one side has $40 wines. Takeout only. Wonderful addition to the village.

Knead Wine

There's a separate counter off to the side that sells garlic knots, called Wine Knot.