Christmas Take-Out Meal?

JimCo

We're thinking of taking it easy this Christmas, and getting a full take-out holiday meal from an area restaurant. Did anyone have any particularly noteworthy experiences with any at Thanksgiving? Or know of any restaurants offering them? We'd be happy to pick it up on the 23rd or 24th. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bart said:

I'm sure Kinship will not disappoint.  They have a Christmas Eve menu to go that includes morning after options.  It's also available on the 23rd.

https://kinshipdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Christmas-Eve-Takeout-Menu.pdf

I haven't done a "big night" meal like this from them, but their regular Covid carry out meals have been great.

While I fully agree with Bart’s recommendation, Eater has recently published a guide to holiday meals that may be worth a review as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bart said:

I'm sure Kinship will not disappoint.  They have a Christmas Eve menu to go that includes morning after options.  It's also available on the 23rd.

https://kinshipdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Christmas-Eve-Takeout-Menu.pdf

I haven't done a "big night" meal like this from them, but their regular Covid carry out meals have been great.

This looks fantastic, but... a $48, 8" quiche?  I feel like I'm missing something here

4 hours ago, Pat said:

Wow. That menu looks fantastic. My aspirations are a little less impressive.

We usually go out for Christmas Eve with several friends. I am sorry we can't go this year. So last night we ordered the 3 course menu for dinner on Christmas eve - one of each main so we can have both.